Food for thought
True indicators of spiritual growth
- Do I have a growing hunger to know God more intimately? Do I feel more love for God?
- Is there an increasing desire to know the truth of God's Word and to filter life experiences in light of it?
- Is it easier to discern between God's will and sin?
- Can I discern temptation for what it is?
- Am I more drawn to things filled by Jesus' presence and less attracted with the world's offering?
- Do I love only those who meet my standards or does my love encompass even the unlovely? (Is it based on their performance?)
- Is the time it takes me to forgive someone growing longer or shorter?
- Is my increasing desire to please God motivated by love or fear?
- Is my faith increasing or decreasing? Do I trust Him more for the uncertainties?